CHEVY FACTORY ALARM

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

1999 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 103500 miles

For the past 4 years I have been dealing with the factory alarm for which I don' t have a keyless entry transmitter. I often have the problem where the engine fires up then automatically triggers the kill switch to which I have to wait anywhere from 15-45 minuetes before the truck starts. I have contacted the dealer and there answer to the problem is.&Quot. Reprogram the alarm system for a fee of about $500 -700 dollars". With this economy I just don' t have the funds to do it right now. Is there anything I can do to disconnect or bypass this problem. Please help.
Joesride

Hey joe I see you have the same problem as mine, only I have been trying to solve this alarm issue thing for over 4 years now, with no direct answers as of today, if I run across a good solution to our problem I will be sure to post the answer so you can get on with your life. Really now i'm looking at purchasing a new alarm from J. C. Whitney called a Valiant, the item number is 1JA478507, however I too don't have a lot of free cash, so i'm looking for this product at a better price that what J.C. Whitney wants? More if and when I find something.

David59