CHEVY SPARK PLUG TO DISTRIBUTOR WIRING DIAGR

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

1998 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

I am looking for a diagram for the plug wires to the distributor cap connections. I know the firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. While replacing the (crab type) Cap, rotor, plugs and wires, I messed up bad by not labling the wires on the cap. The engine is a Vortek 5.7L 350. It is a 1998 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado 4X4 AUTO. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Lavafloz

Here ya go......

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/188069_98k1500fireorder_1.jpg

Obxautomedic
Thank You. Just to be sure, I connected wire 1 to cap position 1, and so on. Is this correct? The service engine light was illuminated prior to this. I hooked up my Digital OrbitII Code Reader, and it displayed P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected. This was before I changed the wires per your diagram. I believe I need to figure out how to clear the code, and scan it again. Lastly, I noticed a strong gas smell when I fired it up, and a grayish/black smoke came out of the tailpipe. If you think I should do something else, please let me know, otherwise, I appreciate your reasponse and help. Aloha from Hawaii!

Lavafloz
Yes, just match up the number 2 to 2 3 to 3 etc. The smell of gas may just be do to the misfire, so complete the plug wire and see what happens. Your scannner may have a way to clear the codes check the manual for it. Post finding here in forum.

Obxautomedic
Code cleared, no new codes. Gas smell gone, and no smole from tailpipe. All in all, everything works great! Thanks for the help! : )

Lavafloz
Why does the number pattern on the crab cap not match the firing order?

Waterlover
Does the diagram also apply to the 5.0l vortec? I have a 99 k1500 with the 305 thats putting out the same code, so if the diagram is also for the 5.0 vortec I will check my plug wires. Thanks in advance

Boyko68
If you have a question please start a new question of your own. This is just sending unwanted e-mails to someone that asked a question 4 years ago.

Wrenchtech
I was asking about that specific diagram though?

Boyko68