CHEVY 4X4 PROBLEMS

1993 Chevrolet Silverado

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1993 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 240000 miles

I have a 93 Silverado Z71. It does nothing when I put it in four wheel drive. I dont feel a jolt or anything when I switch it. I did put it in 4hi and got under the truck and couldnt move the front driveshaft so im guessing the transfer case is fine. It wont let me put it in 4lo. It just wont go out of neutral. I just need to know what I need to do/replace to get it working. Thanks.
Adam_worley06

Is this a manual shift 4wd or electric?

It is a manual 4wd

Adam_worley06
Have you checked the vacuum to the front axle? If the driveshaft is engaged, then the transfer case is. If the axle doesn't engage, then you won't have 4wd. As far as the 4 lo, have you checked linkage?

I have not checked the vacuum hoses. And I figured out how to Switch to 4lo. So never mind about that. How do I check the vacuum hoses?

Adam_worley06
On the front axle there will either be vacuum hoses running to an actuator or and electric actuator. One of them will engage the front axle. With the engine running, (if vacuum) there will be a vacuum to the hose. IF electric, using a test light, check to see if there is power to it.