CHEVY S10 WONT START

1998 Chevrolet S-10

1998 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

I just bought this 1998 s10 and it wont start it just cranks. I've tested fuel pressure, read 60psi which according to haynes repair manual is good. I've also tested for spark which was good. I sprayed starting fluid into the engine and it started for a second but I tried it later again and got nothing. My uncle also plugged in his diagnostic tool and no codes came up. I've also tried to do the passlock relearn, didnt work. I have also replaced the ignition coil, distributor cap, and rotor. Any other suggestions?
Pakkalac

Hi, if you have the spider fuel system, it may need cleaning. Sometimes the fuel poppets get stuck. Do you have an injector pulse, engine cranking?

I'm not sure if I have the spider fuel system, but ill clean it if I do. Also I dont know if this has anything to do with it but the gas gauge seems glitchy. Sometimes it shows the 3/4 of a tank I put in it. And sometimes it doesnt. It usually shows up 3/4 tank then drops to below e randomly.

Pakkalac
And once this problem started occuring I did manage to get it started with starting fluid. I'm thinking it may just be " weak spark" because it definitly has spark but maybe its just not enough to get the engine to fire? But I replaced the ignition coil sooo? And also if the plug wires were cracked it doesnt cause weak spark, it causes NO spark right?

Pakkalac
A weak spark could be an issue? When you said it ran with starter fluid, it made me think it is something with the fuel system. If you test for spark and it is a snapping blue spark, that sounds strong to me. If you have a noid lite, you can check for injector pulse?

No it wasn't blue it was red/orange. So that means I have a weak spark? I just replaced the ignition coil though.

Pakkalac
I'd still want to check injector pulse. Did you use a spark tester? Some of them testers, you can open the gap, if spark will jump the gap, I don't care what color the spark, sounds strong to me. If you used a spark plug to test for spark and it was fuel contaminated, I'm not sure what color it might be?

Just to add, if you break the side electrode off a known good spark plug and the spark will jump from center electrode to side of plug, the spark should be strong enough.