FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM

2000 Chevrolet S-10 • 120 miles

My 2000 S10 will not start. This is what I have done so far
1. Used starting fluid to see if I had spark- tried to start- have spark
2. Checked feul filter. Installed a new one even though the old one seemed ok. Still nothing.
3. Checked the fuel relay- seems fine and can hear the fuel pump when turnig key on.
4. Started to disconnect fuel filter (gas tank side) and a considerable amount of pressure was in the line.
I can only assume a plug between the fuel filter and the thottle body or the throttle body itself is totally pluged. That seems unlikely but am I missing something? Where do I go from here.
Wlscalzo

Check the fuel pressure at fuel rail side. Did the starting fluid work?

The starting fluid fires so I confirmed spark. I will have to buy a fuel pressure testing gauge and that will have to wait until payday.
Thanks.

Wlscalzo
That means fuel is the problem and you have pressure at the filter. That could mean you have pressure at the fuel rail.

Cycle the ignition a few times and let the fuel pump prime. Use a rag to cover the fuel rail shrader bolt (if equipped) or the hose release banjo bolt and check if you have pressure. If pressure is available you need to check if you have power supply to the injectors and are they pulsing. Non pulsing of the injectors could mean a problem with the cam sensor or engine controls.

To test the injectors you will need a lab scope or a noid light. One side will have 12v and the other the computer pulls to ground. If the noidlmp is flashing when cranking.

Djcl
So that I understand the terminology I see no fuel rail as I understand it like the fuel rail on a multi port injection system. There is a single fuel line that runs next to what I assume is the return line and they connect togeather on the intake manifold. I have attached photos

Wlscalzo
Is this a 4 or 6 cyl engine

Djcl
V6, it is a 4 wheel drive the book says it is a Vortec 4300
VIN is 1GCDT19W9YK193853

Wlscalzo
The injecter will have 2 wires on it one is 12 volts key on and cranking and the other is pulled to ground by the computer. It will pulse when cranking.

Djcl
The picture shows a TBI and there would be fuel lines to it. Disconnecting the supply line would allow you to check.

In the photo you can see two lines next to and connected to each other that connect to the intake manifold. There are no fuel lines that connect directly to the throttle body only an array of electrical connections that connect to the throttle body and operating cables. Thus I assume the two lines presumably supply and return is what I need to disconnect.

Wlscalzo