CHEVY REMOTE OIL FILTER COOLING LINE REPLACEMENT

1997 Chevrolet S-10

Other Category problem
1997 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 117, 00 miles

Our 97 S10 Blazer is leaking oil from the oil line than runs from the filter adapter on the engine to the remote filter located in the front of the car below the radiator. I have a new line and have the old line loose, but am having difficulty removing the line due to obstructions like the motor mounts, etc. Not much room! Is it possible to remove the line without unbolting the motor mount? If so, what is the trick? If not, what is the process to unbolt the engine from the motor mount?

Thanks!
Martin Hoerath

Update: In looking at the problem of clearance to remove the oil lines, I was able to place a block of wood and jack under the oil pan and gently raise the engine about 1/4 of an inch to gain the clearance that was needed to remove the line. This did not require unboliting the engine from the motor mounts. Just be careful and go slow.

Martin Hoerath