DRIVELINE PROBLEMS

Chevrolet Other

I want to know what exactly is in the transfer case on my 1996 Astrovan AWD. The van has 250,000 kms and I have had some driveline issues, where the front and rear tires were not the same circumference (Same numeric size on the tire but different manufacurer). I suspect its the difference in tire sizes giving me the problem but the repair shop says the transfer case has a viscous coupler and a planatary drive system which is designed to take up the difference in tire sizes. Is this true? I have doubts because when I replaced the tires with matching front and back the problems have not re-occured.
Tech man

Your car is running too rich check the maf sensor to see if its working properly if not replace it.

Runtich
I know where the map sensor is but how do I know if its not functioning properly?

SontharaGSR
You can go to a shop and have them put a scanner on it to read what the maf sensor is reading and if its too low its bad. Unless u have a scanner in which u can read the data not just the codes, if so call your local dealer and ask for parts and see if they will ask a tech what it should be reading if working properly. Have a good 4th and I hope u can fix the problem.

Runtich