CHEVY AIR CONDITIONER DOESNT WORK

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have had the Air Conditioner checked and the mechanic says the freon is fine and compressor is not froze up yet the compressor will not come on. The mechanic says it seems to be an electrical problem. Do you have any suggestions without me spending hundreds of dollars while he does his " hit and miss" checks?
Singldad1956

Compressor clutch is controlled by the PCM through the relay, so if the relay is OK test the wires and connectors at the PCM and the compressor, see if there is power at the compressor, if so the coil is bad. Run these test with and without jumping the low pressure cycling switch, that could be gone too!

Merlin2021
I am not familiar with all the parts you refer to. Where can I find a diagram that tells me where all the parts and connections are that you refer to?

Singldad1956
Clutch coil diode is 10 cm from the plug, the cycling switch is in the A/C line at lower left front of engine compartment, relay is in the bottom of underhood electrical center.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Pres_Sw_1.jpg

Merlin2021