CHEVY REPLACING THE HEADLIGHT

2005 Chevrolet Malibu

2005 Chevy Malibu 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 27258 miles

Im trying to figure out how to replace the headlight bulb on a 2005 Malibu Classic. I cant Figure out how to remove the assembley to even get at the back to change it.
Bartender77

I hope you finally found out how to change you headlight bulb and avoided a ticket! If not, let me know. I've got a 2005 LS (new body style. Not the newest 2008 body style) and had the same dilema before reading my owner's manual. If you need help, reply to message.

Marty-mar
If the owner's manual helps on the regular Malibu in replacing the headlamp, it doesn't on the Malibu Classic. When the two bolts are removed that supposedly allow the headlamp assembly to be pulled out, the headlamp is still connected to that part by the headlamp adustment mechanism and that part is connected to the grill and bumper. Has anyone resolved this issue?

Jcstrick1
Look for a pull system on ti should be on the inside part of the assimbily and they lift up then you can change it, hope it helps you out

Ndnoutlaw78
Easy as pie. There are two small, square, black clips that hold the assembly. One on each side at the top. Simply pull up on them until they pop loose and the assembly comes right out. Good luck : )

Brian_fate