CHEVY WON'T START

2002 Chevrolet Malibu

2002 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

I have a 2002 chevy malibu that has had no problems, I tstarted up fine today, drove 10 minutes down the road and turned it off went to get back in and it wouldn't start. It will crank but won't turn over, I can hear the fuel pump come on. What could be wrong? Thank you for your time.
Kathi

Sounds like the 'theft deterrent' system is preventing you from driving YOUR car. You'll need to perform the relearn procedure. That procedure can be provided by your local dealer.

Jasonray
Mine is an 01 Malibu does the same thing sometime. Put the key in and turn to the on position it takes 10 minutes for the system to reset. The theft sytem light will blink for the whole ten minutes and then it will stay steady. Turn the key off and then try to start. Works on mine.

StacySerrano
Is your security light blinking?
If so try this relearn procedure: Ignition to " run" position, try to start and let key return to " run" position
Leave it for ten minutes and the security light will go off.
Then turn key " off" and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 relearns.
Turn key off, then start it.

If your security light doesn't come on, I would suspect a spark problem (since you seem to have fuel and the car cranks).

RenaudTN