CHEVY ROUGH IDLE

1996 Chevrolet Lumina

1996 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

I have a 1996 Chevy Lumina Sedan. It has the V6 3.1 recently it has had a rough idle. I have replaced the ignition coils, plugs and wires. It starts up great but as soon as you drive it and the car gets hot and then stop and turn off the car it has a rough idle when you start it up again. It also dies after it gets hot.
Rottiegirl926

Does the car start back up or do you have to wait for it to cool down.

Is your check engine light on? If so go by your local auto zone and have the codes pulled and post them here.

Obxautomedic
The car will start back up after the car cools down. The service engine light has been on. I got the codes from the car and one code is the O2 sensor and the other is a cylinder 4 misfire. I replaced the spark plug wire and the spark plug for the 4th cylinder and have yet to replace the O2 sensors. Today I drove about 15 miles and went through a little over 1/4 tank of gas.

Rottiegirl926
Did you have the codes cleared?

Is it still running rough? If so pull codes again.
If I may suggest replace the rest of the Plugs at least.

The O2 sensor being bad will cause a drop in gas milage but never seen that big of a drop.

Check your oil is it over full and does it smell like gas?

Obxautomedic
The O2 sensors have been replaced and the codes cleared. After that the mass air flow sensor code came up and I replaced that and the code never came back but the cylinder 4 misfire came back. It is still running rough. I changed the wires and plugs and also tested the ignition module and it tested good.

Rottiegirl926
Ok,

When you tested the ignition module did you test it Hot or Cold. I ask because the problem starts when the vehicle warms up, and if you tested the module cold it would test good.

Obxautomedic