LACKING FIRST GEAR

1995 Chevrolet Lumina

I have a 1995 Lumina base model (3100 V6), 85,000 with no extras such as ABS or TC, and just after I had my ignition cylinder replaced as an issue with VATS, the car runs good, but at a lack of first gear.

It's as if the gear doesn't exist in my car anymore. There were no symptoms at all before this. It happened after I had to have the car towed to get the ignition fixed.

I start out in 3rd gear, but I can start out in 2nd if I put the shifter into second. If I put the shifter into first, it stays in second. It doesn't downshift either when I force a downshift. It runs great after I get up to speed (Albeit slowly up to speed), and runs fine. No sputters or check engine light or anything.

There wasn't any slipping, lurching or anything of that sort. It just stopped working after the tow. Does anyone know what I should check for, or what I should do to resolve this problem.
Vipersfate

I figured out that the IGN SW 2 fuse under the hood on the drivers side was causing all the problem. It was blown. Hope this helps someone.

Vipersfate