HEATER NOT GETTING HOT

Chevrolet Impala

My heater doesn't get very hot. The knob that turns the tempature to hot does not turn easily. Could this be the only problem, or does the thermostat need to be replaced?
1wiley

To see if your thermostat is working properly touch your upper radiator hose after the car has been running and warmed up for a period of time. If the tube is hot, then your thermostat should be good. You might need to replace your heater core to fix your heating problem.

Josef
You didn't mention what car you have.
The linkage to the blend doors might be broken or stuck. It opens/closes the airway from the heater core.
See if there's any linkages under your center dash. Like I said; you didn't say what car you drive.

Jeremiah
The car is a 95 Accord
Thanks for the info!

1wiley
Not sure if you still need help, but I had a problem with the heater not working and all it turned out to be was the temp knob on the dash. The knob was stripped and wasn't turning all the way to hot. Hope this info helps. : )

Mydnght2u