ALTIMA HEATING PROBLEM

2002 Chevrolet Impala

Hi.
Need your help on fixing my car heating. The heater was doing fine till a couple weeks back. Then one day I turned on the car and waited for 7-8 minutes for it to heat up. Turned on the heater bu all I got was lukewarm air. I drove around thinking it would heat up. But no good.
A week later, the heat totally died down. Now all I get is cold air even after running the car for an hour. Checked with a Nissan Dealer and he quoted me $1200 + parts for a Blend door malfunction : x
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Domainexpert

To expensive!
I think its hard to repair that but. 1200 dlls?

You know how the heater works?

It takes the water out from the radiator and let it pass trought a small radiator which its inside the cab (usually) where the air passes by (from a blower) your problem could be: 1: the valve which open the water from the main cooling radiator its stuck.
2: the damper door its not working right

The bigest problem its to get in to the small radiator and the vents, if the problem its the valve I think its kind of an easy one, trie to check thatone first, if the problem its inside your car its pretty dificult to reach.

The valve its located near the motor and it has a couple of hoses (one input and the other output.

Hard to explain!
And even worst with my inglish! : D

hope it helps.

Manuel.

Fisherman