CHEVY PERFORMANCE

2007 Chevrolet Impala

2007 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 36600 miles

I've been slowly putting performance upgrades in for my impala. Air intake, magnaflow exhaust, MAF sensor but it doesn't seem to have impressive results. Then my buddies have been telling me about power control units and programmers, how you can change throttle response and create more horsepower. Are these really good to what they're hyped to be? And which one is the best for creating more horses.

Thanks for your time
Sleeper_impala_07

Any of those products will void your factory warranty on the powertrain system. I honestly have never seen a programmer that did not cause some sort of other problem when installed. They usually do allow for more power, but it comes at a price.

Dennyp
Well the warranty ran up about 600 miles ago since it was the 12000 on powertrain and 36000 for limited so I wasn't worried about voiding it (not being a ___hole) but thanks for giving more info on the matter and I'll take your advice

Thank you

Sleeper_impala_07
Actually the bumper to bumper warranty runs out at 3/36 but this is an 07 it has the powertrain waranty for 5/100,000 all 07 gm vehicles 07 and newer have this powertrain warranty. This vehicle still has a warranty.(It's something to think about.)

Brian 1
Most of the performance parts advertise big HP gains, but they may only give you an extra 1 or 2 HP. If you think about it, is it really worth premature engine and tranny failure for a part that gives 1 or 2 HP and costs $300 to $600?

Dennyp
For brian 1: yea I saw the 5/100000 miles I wasn't looking hard enough thanks for the info appreciate it

For dennyp: you're right it isn't worth having a grand invested in parts giving me combined horsepower of ten. Oh well, if I wanted performance I should've bought an SS.

Thanks guys

Sleeper_impala_07