CHEVY INTAKE MANIFOLD

2004 Chevrolet Impala

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 87,000 miles

Hi, I recently took my car to the dealership for a diagnostic. They told me that I had a cracked intake manifold. I wanted to ask you how can I go about fixing that problem. Also, if you don't mind my ac doesn't seem to work and I wanted to know does that have something to do with the intake manifold. The dealership told me that I needed to fix it before I driving 900 more miles. So please help me.
Purehope

It is possible for the intake to crack but I have not ever seen one do it. ARe you sure they didnt mean the intake manifold gaskets. I would for sure have that done ASAP. As for the A/C. Have the shop install A/C dye to locate a leak.

Rhall77
I agree on the gasket scenario if it is the 3.4 motor, but if it is the 3.8 motor is probably is the manifold that is bad. It probably isn't cracked, but damaged in a way that would be the same thing. Either case get it fixed.

No relationship to the A/C on that.