CHEVY BLOWER RUNS EVEN WHEN CAR IS OFF

2004 Chevrolet Impala

Heater problem
2004 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 111300 miles

The blower constantly runs even when the car is off and the keys are removed. I have to pull the blower fuse to get it to stop. The blower speed control knob also does not control the speed of the blower even when the car is on.(Besides turn off the lights on the air conditioning button if the control is set to off.)

How do I resolve this?
Thanks in advance.
Alowicious

Does it only work on one speed. Check your blower resistor and see if it is burned. It is located under the dash on the passenger side by the blower motor.

Rhall77
Well, technically, yes it is one speed, but that speed is always on, regardless of where the fan control knob is set and even when the car is turned off with the key removed.

Alowicious
Check the blower resistor and see if it is shorted. Most likely it is your problem

Rhall77
I pulled what I thought was the resistor out and it appears to be the control module. (Circuit board with heat sink) Is there a resistor separate from the control module? The unit I pulled was directly connected to the blower motor and I was unable to locate anything else.

Alowicious
Thats it, you got it. Does it look burned or anything.

Rhall77
Unfortunately no, nothing appears burned.

Alowicious
I think I would still try a new one in it to see if it works ok. Your local dealer should have one

Rhall77
I will try that tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the responses!

Alowicious
Rhall77,

Thanks so much for your responses and advice. This was exactly the problem. It now works like a champ!

Just for anyone else that encounters this problem: The Blower Control Module was plastic riveted and no screws were used to attach the BCM to the car. I have yet to find the best way to re-attach the BCM, but don't really care too much about that as long as my blower is working again.

Alowicious