AIR CONDITIONING/BLOWER NOT WORKING

2004 Chevrolet Impala • 117,000 miles

My vehicle is a 2004 Chevy Impala. About five days ago my blower stopped working all of a sudden, so the fan would not blow any air at all (neither heat nor A/C). I hoped it could just be the HVAC fuse that had blown so I went and bought a 25A fuse to replace it. I replaced it and the blower started working again, although it was a little slower than it used to be. Yesterday the blower went out again though, so I now don't know if it was the fuse.

One thing I noticed in addition to the blower going out was that when I began to push on the gas pedal from idle/park, a screeching sound would start for about 5 seconds and stop once the car got going (a sound as if air or water was being released is how I would describe it).

Not sure if these two issues are related but they occurred pretty much around the same time. All my fluid levels are good (I just filled them up completely), as I thought it was maybe the power steering fluid that was low and making the noise (because this noise was in addition to me turning the wheel).

Thanks for the help!
Jmaccombs5

Have the blower fan motor checked. Looks like it is failing. Try giving thr blower motor housing some banging with your hands and if it starts working, the motor is due for replacement. Get this done and monitor if the noise goes away.