CHEVY ENGINE STALLING

1978 Chevrolet El Camino

1978 Chevy El Camino V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

when I crank up my vehicle, it will run just fine in neutral. However, when the car warms up, and I put it in gear, the engine fails to produce much power and sputters. After a few minutes it will start pouring black smoke out the tailpipe then die. I have replaced the carb with a brand new one and same with all my plugs, wires and distributor. The only things I havent replaced yet are the fuel pump and the coil pack. Right now Im at a standstill. I dont know if it will matter for compiling an answer but, the vehicle has been parked under a tree for ten years until recently and has had the transmission rebuilt in the past week.I also put new wheel cylinders and brake shoes on it along with new axle seals, alternator and radiator. Any ideas what could be causing this strange problem would be appreciated
Ryokufox

Say what 10 yrs-Okay check the fuel pressure/EGR and PCV valves-have you changed oil/filter if not do so now. Check ignition timing

Well, the timing was a bit off but thats not my problem. As far as oil filter and pressure. They are both just fine, filter being new. My fuel pressure however I cant get a good read on but it doesnt have a fuel return line. I know its getting decent pressure because I didnt have the fitting on the carb tight enough initially and it shot out about a 4 foot stream of fuel all over. Im not sure what regulates the fuel pressure on this system.

Ryokufox
Check the fuel pressure with a pressurre gauge could be too much