ELECTRONICS PROBLEM

Chevrolet Corvette

I have a '99 Corvette, 5.7L with 88,000 miles. Just took a road trip and kept getting the dash display that the traction control was switching on and off. Later my wife noticed water dripping from under the passenger side of the dash. Then after parking it overnight the battery was dead the next morning. Jump started and on the drive home the traction control message started again. Then the next day the battery was dead.

My question is: Can the water leak under the dash be from the air conditioner not draining properly and possibly shorting a component under the dash?

Psyclguy

The water problem is a pure factor. Cars today are rolling computers. Best guess. The drain hole for the AC is plugged or not installed correctly. Or a bad heater core. The componets for systems that are malfuctioning may be located in that area. But also take note. When you have a bad battery the alternater may be causing a problem with the system also. You may have two problems at one time. A bad alternator will cause alot of problems with eletronics.
Good luck

Straight ahead