CHEVY SHIFTER LOCKS UP AND WILL NOT GO INTO G

1986 Chevrolet Corvette

1986 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 24,000 miles

Suddenly my corvette has developed a problem with the shifter locking up and I can't get it into gear. When I can shift it, it shifts extremely hard. Is there some type of transmission fluid or lubrication that needs servicing in a manual corvette transmission? I do not find anything regarding this in the Owners Manual. I've owned the car for about 14 years and have never encountered a problem with this until now. The vehicle is only driven about 1000k per year.
86Corvette

Check to see if your shifter arms are jammed together. If the shifter is mounted to the body and the not the trans, then check the motor mounts for being broken. You could have aproblem in the trans as well so it's a good idea to change the fluid if it's not all out. I'd use synthetic oil for the trans as it will shift better and it's better for it. It won't hurt anything to use it.