CHEVY SUDDEN OVERHEATING PROBLEM

1979 Chevrolet Corvette

Engine Cooling problem
1979 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 61750 miles

Couple wwweks ago during normal driving car started overheating, let it cool down for 2 hours then nursed it 2 miles through neighborhood to home. Upon opening hood steam was coming from front of radiator. I have since replaced thrmostat, heating sensor, flushed rad. Sprayed it off for dirt etc, changed the oil, which was black not miky. Started it back up and ir idols a little warm but ok, then took test drive and after about 10 min. Started overheating again. Steam again from front of rad. Hoes seem very soft when car is running, car starts ok, Would water pump be next step. I had it replaced in 1995
Nicehu79

If you are seeing steam in the radiator, then you probably have a leak. Best thing to do is to when it starts to overheat, shut engine off and feel around aradiator. It should be the same temp or about all over. It should not have any cold spots if it does your rad is shot, it probably is anyhow. If there is steam leaking out do not even attempt this as you can get badly burned. It could be your hoses as you say they are soft. A way to look at those is while the car is running, rev it and look at the bottom hose, it may be sucking together and not allowing water to go through it. It would be a great idea to replace your hoses as well due to them being soft anyhow.