CHEVY WON'T START. JUST C

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

2006 Chevy Cobalt Automatic 60000 miles

This morning, I tried to start the car as usual. It wouldn't start. When I cranked it, my dash showed the " Security Light" (picture of a car and a lock), and the engine light. The car clicked and made a small whine.
At first, I couldn't get the key out. After giggling it, it came out. I thought that the steering wheel wasn't locked (that's what I thoguht the Security light was for before looking in the book.)
I have manual locks and I don't think I have an alarm system, so I don't think this is really a security issue. I looked at other sites and they all said to leave the key in on " On" (without cranking) for 10-30 minutes and the lock will " reset" and the car will start.
When I left the key in on " On, " everything started flashing- my control panel, my radio, the temperature, my headlights, and some of the warning lights in the dash. Also, the car kept clicking. The clicking and flashing would go in 15-20 second intervals. Then the car would be still and quiet for a few seconds and the clicking/flashing would start again.
After a couple minutes with the key in the ignition, my " Battery Saver On" light came up. At that point, I took the key out because I didn't want the battery to die out on me, too.
(I know the Cobalt has had a fuel pump recall but I already fixed that. But I have not done anything with the Power Steering which has also been recalled.)
What else should I try before calling the dealership?
ChrissyLGK

Sound's like you have a bad ignition switch pretty common causing a no start and the security light to come on. You will have to go to a shop that can read your body control module code's and see if you have a B3033 and or B2960 then I would replace the ignition switch.