88 CHEVY TRUCK NO SPARK FROM COIL

1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne

I have an 88 Chevy Cheyenne 1/2 ton V8 5.7 Liter. I was driving on the highway when all of a sudden it just died. I got it towed back to my house were I discovered that there was no spark coming from the coil but and power. So I went to the parts store a got a new coil, started right up I was stoked. It ran for about 20 min then died, same thing no spark. So I went back to the parts store got a new coil, rotor cap, and a rotor came home installed them still no spark at the coil. Ive checked to make sure the coil is getting the right amount of power and it is, just nothing coming out. I don''''''''t know what would cause this I checked all the fuses and even put in a new fuel pump relay please help!
Kmsteuber

Sounds more like the ignition module or pick-up coil in the distributor. On the ignition coil there is a 2 wire connector that goes to the distributor. Unplug it from the coil and using a test light, have some one crank the engine, the white wire should flash, if not the module or pick-up coil is out, most likely the module. That old of a truck I would recommend doing the pick-up coil as well. The dist has to be removed to do the pick-up, but not the module

Jack42