CHEVY FUEL GAUGE NOT WORKING

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

2005 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 110000 miles

My 2005 Chevy Cavalier has a fuel gauge that goes way over full and lays on the temperature gauge needle so it can't come up. If I turn the car back off and start it again quickly, the temp gauge can rise faster than the fuel gauge can fall on it! After a couple of restarts, the temp gauge will read properly, but the fuel gauge still reads overfull. Also, my odometer readout sometimes has " speckles" in it. What do I do?
Dancingfool

The problem is in the ipc itself. The instrument cluster needs to be replaced.

Brian 1
FYI I have the same problem with my 2004 cavalier but I am not sure it is the instrument cluster. My speedometer and tach will sometimes stopworking and when this happens the cruise control fails to function. I have pulled out my cluster and when you reset the dials to zero it works fine. I disconnected my cluster and the cruise still worked. I disconnected the connector to the cruise and my guages still worked, so I am not sure what to try next. I think I will leave the plastic covering off my instrument cluster so I can at least reset manually.

Browser725