CHEVY LIGHT NOISE

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier

1999 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 49,000 miles

Hi, My cavalier has been a very good car, ive had it about 5 months and a recently I have heard a noise like " when your drinking the last bit of something through a straw.&Quot; that light kkkk noise. It sounds like its coming from the engine. I know its not my brakes, it does it when im sitting still. It does it the most when I first crank it and then almost everytime I accelerate. I don't know if it could be a clogged fuel filter or not, no idea. I have had my fuel pump replaced and I have my oil and oil filter changed every 3,000 miles. It is a 2.2 liter if that helps any. If you could help in any way I would really appreciate it.

Eddie
Eddieb325

Does it misfire or anything? Is your cooling system full or antifreeze?

Rhall77
Yes, actaully a lot. In the morning when I first crank it, it fires right on up no problem, and its chilly outside. I dont know if its a coincidence but when it gets warm during the day it acts like it doesnt want to crank, it turns over but I have to crank it for like 4 or 5 secs. It should crank the same everytime.

About the anti-freeze, idk. It runs cool, it nevers gets hot.

Eddieb325
Is the anitfreeze full, does it run rough when it starts?

Rhall77
Yes its at the right level, no it runs smooth. I think I got the misfire thing wrong. Its just when I crank it, it doesnt crank right, other than that little noise and it not cranking the first time everytime, it runs very smooth. No lights are on or anything. It doesnt skip or bounce, anything.

Im not sure if its anything with my ignition or not.

Also when I have to do a long crank its almost as if im having to flood it to get it cranked, thats always what happens, I can smell it, outside the car.

Im just trying to pin-point whats wrong so I don't spend a lot of money.

Eddieb325
Does it act like it is starving for fuel? Can you check the fuel pressure?

Rhall77
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I don't know how. I was planning on getn it checked sometime soon.

Would this be related to my fuel injectors at all?

Eddieb325
It has pretty much everything to deal with them

Rhall77
Ya, so do you think that the little noise and it not cranking everytime like it should is the fuel injectors? They might be failing, my car is 9 yrs old.

Eddieb325
I would suggest having it looked at at your local shop. They can install the proper tools figure out what it is doing. The injectors may also be bleeding down.

Rhall77
What does bleeding down mean?

Eddieb325
Page 1 of 2