CHEVY WILL START BUT WILL NOT STAY RUNNING

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

1998 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual n/a miles

I did a enigne swap from a 99 grand am 2.4l. I transfered the spark plugs, exhaust manifold and the intake, I have switched enigne brain, I have switched boots and ho cover with a new computer. Car starts but will not stay running. I have checked fuel pump works, fuel is in fuel rail. Plugs have spark. How can you check if injectors are working. Could this have anyhting to do with security system on the car. Any suggestion would be helpful
Hurl75

I suspect your security system is locking you out and the security light is flashing when this happens

I am giving you the relearn procedure to reset the system.

PASSLOCK REPROGRAMMING AUTO LEARN

IMPORTANT: Due to component variability, the vehicle theft deterrent (VTD) system must have the learn procedure performed regardless, if the vehicle starts on the first ignition cycle after a VTD repair.

You must perform a theft relearn procedure if any of the following components have been replaced: • Passlock Sensor
• Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
• Powertrain control module (PCM) The above modules, with the exception for the Passlock Sensor must also be programmed with each module's own vehicle configuration.
AUTO LEARN
Time required, approximately 10 minutes: 1. Insure that the battery is fully charged.
2. Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the CRANK position attempting to start the vehicle. The vehicle will start and then stall.
4. Leave the ignition switch in the ON position while observing the security indicator.
5. When the security indicator turns off, which can take up to 10 minutes, turn the ignition switch off. Wait 10 seconds.
6. The BCM and the PCM will learn the new code on the next start attempt.

Wrenchtech