CHEVY WHAT'S THIS DASH LIGHT MEAN?

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier

1997 Chevy Cavalier 114000 miles

I have a 1997 Cavalier with a dash light that comes on after I've driven for a while. It's on the left side of the speedometer and has a wavy horizontal line like fluid I suppose (I'm a woman, forgive the description) and has an arrow pointing down over it. I'm sure it's telling me that I have low fluid somewhere but I can't determine where. I thought coolant, but when I open the cap it's full. I'm afraid to drive to far and be left sitting beside the road. Any help would appreciated.
Georgie
Katzz_meeow

Hi Georgie,
I have a 97 Chevy Cav. Too. I came to the conclusion that that is the sensor to tell you that your fluid is low. Check the plastic, bubble looking resevoir under the hood on the right side of the car. Look underneath the car on the front, right side to see if there are any leaks; and where the origin is. Check the small hoses that are attached to the resevoir to make sure they are snug.
Good luck : )

Oneitalianwoman