CHEVY EXHAUST

1999 Chevrolet Camaro

1999 Chevy Camaro 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 208000 miles

my catalytic converter broke a few years ago and I havent had any problems with the performance of my car. Now all of a sudden it started acting like it was missing and when I would excelerate I was losing power. My mechanic said it was my valve in the exhaust which he changed but did no good. Still same problem. Can I have my catalytic converter cut off to solve the problem?
Afox0613

Illegal to cut that cat off I would recommend putting a new one on it. But youll do what you do! Find out if its restricted put a vacuum guage on car and watch needle as your running vehicle at 2000 rpms if you have to keep giving it more gas to maintain 2000 or the needle is slowly dropping vaccum off then you have a restricted exhaust

Blackop555
Afox0613, I had similar problem, replaced cat converter and ignition coils, misfire/hesitation solved.
Check out my recent problem " 02 camaro hesitation at low rpm"

02redcamaro