CHEVY NO HOT AIR FROM HEATER

1993 Chevrolet Camaro

Heater problem
1993 Chevy Camaro V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 93000 miles

Last year I noticed that my 1993 Z-28 Camaro heater was generating considerably less heat than in the past. It used to really cook the interior. When I took it in, I was told the thermastat and interior heater controls were working fine, and they could not find why the heat didn't work. The AC works fine.

Now that it's getting cooler, I've had to put the heat on and the air temp is nothing but cold air.
A friend recommended I have the car radiator flushed.
Any ideas what might be causing this?
Spunkis

I need you to test something. With the engine running, hot, and the heater on high, feel both heater core hoses. Both should be hot.

Let me know what you find.

The hoses are covered with rubber insulation. However, upon touching them after the car was running for 20 minutes, neither hose was hot.

Spunkis
It sounds like the heater core is plugged. You should stop at the parts store and purchase a heater core flush kit. Follow the directions on the package. You will need a garden hose to force water through the core.

Let me know if it helps.