IDLE PROBLEM

Chevrolet Blazer

The car is a 1998 blazer, four door, with 92,000 miles. The fuel filter was recently changed and soon became disconnected due to a failed plastic connector clip. The car stopped running when the clip broke and gas poured onto the ground when trying to restart it. After replacing the clip and reconnecting the fuel line to the filter the car started. However, the idle is now malfunctioning. When the car is started, it idles around 10,000 rpm and drops to about 5,000 rpm after driving and coming to a stop a few times. Sometimes while driving with on pressure on the gas pedal, the car runs at about 35 mph.

The mechanic told me the fuel filter becoming disconnected and related attempts to restart the car are not related to this problem. Could the fuel line getting disconnected and reconnected have caused the idle problem?
Arbit

No there is a problem elsewhere, is the check engine light on?

Let me know

jim

CHEVYII
No, the check engine light is not on. The idle seems to fluctuate up and down when driving.

Arbit
Without further testing like fuel pressure which should be checked, the iac (idle air control) located on the side of the throttle body, pass side

jim

CHEVYII