CHEVY DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR COST

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 168000 miles

The mechanic says that they will have to repair my back differential. The car is not driveable at this time due to the LOUD crunching and popping sounds that happen at slow speeds.
The quote was $1600.00 for a repair using a rebuilt differential and $2200.00 if they rebuild mine. If they rebuild it I get a year warranty.

The car has 168,000 miles on it and it is now nickle and diming me to death with repairs. Is this cost pretty typical? What do you suggest.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Dennis
Dennis richards

Thank you for the donation

It only takes 3.5 hrs to remove and replace it not including this main part of the differential assy they gonna deal with see below and it only cost $350.00

Its a bad deal if it was me I'll make an about face and run like a speeding bullet and never ever see this guy again. Its your decision sorry this is all I got

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_Powertrax_1.jpg