CHEVY 4X4 ENGAGEMENT

1994 Chevrolet Blazer

1994 Chevy Blazer V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 168000 miles

I've replaced the 4wd actuator on the front diff and the transfer case switch, but still no 4wd. If I take the switch out of the tcase and depress it manually I can get the actuator on the front diff to work and the indicator light comes on. But it won't do this when installed. It's like whatever hits this in the tcase isn't doing it's job.

A little history, the tcase was replaced a couple years ago and in retrospect I think this is when it started. Also it has the electric front actuator not the thermal kind.

Could this have something to do with the linkage needing to be adjusted? And how do you do that? Or is it something else entirely different
Bigbrownblazer

Hi bigbrownblazer,

Thank you for the donation and sorry for the delay in replying.

Does the transfer case mode selector indicator illumnation lamp shows when switch is activated?

Did you test the electrical circuits?

Does this have vacuum lines for the 4x4? Being a 94, it should however that was a split year. Alot changed in that year, thats why I ask. If you do have vacuum hoses, make sure they are all connected. The one thats hardest to get to is located in the passenger side of the engine bay, under the battery. Remove the battery, and tray to see if its still attached. Hope this helps, and thanks for your donation.

Madmike1735