FRONT WHEEL BEARING, AWD

1997 Chevrolet Astro

I believe the driver's front wheel bearing is going out. I have ABS brakes. I am told you can only buy the wheel bearing assemble, complete with the ABS sensor. My sensor is not bad, does anyone know if I can replace just the bad bearing? Thanks
Rogbulkley

Yup, as cgrams01 said its all one piece. Be thankful GM released that to the aftermarket. I had to buy a set of them from the dealer when you could only get the part from them. Now they are a little less expensive

Jack42
I guess this is just another way the US auto companies have come up with to lose business to the foreign companies. Even aftermarket, the bearing sells for $330. Actually, I can't stand this vehicle except for it's one very saving grace-I have never driven a car that handles icy/snow packed roads better, including two of my jeeps. So, the best bet is to just drive this hog in the winter months only. But, thank you so much for your very rapid response. I truly appreciate having you as a resource. Roger

Rogbulkley
Glad to be of help. Make no mistake, the foreign car bearings go out too! I hear you, had a Toyota 4x4, best truck Ive ever owned

Jack42