CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM WORKING ON ALL BUT ONE DOOR. REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING NOT WORKING TOO!!

2004 Nissan Maxima • 3.5L V6 FWD Automatic • 104,000 miles

I just got a Nissan Maxima 2004 3.5 SE from a previous owner. I noticed the following problems with the central locking system.

1. The key only locks/unlocks 3 of the doors by inserting it through the driver side door. The front passenger door remains unlocked in any case and can only be opened from inside using the inside door knob. The outside door knob cannot open the door.

2. The key fob cannot operate the central locking system remotely even after battery replacement. Though the red security light keep blinking every 30 secs as it should be.

Pls what could be the problem?/?
Steveyen1

The electric lock and handle are probably broken on the passenger door and the circuit board in the fob is either dirty or bad. Use an alcohol soaked qtip to clean the contacts