CAR WON'T START BUT REVERSE LIGHTS ARE ON.

2004 Chevrolet Impala • 190,000 miles

Today I installed a new radio in the car. I unhooked everything including the radio & I had to leave so I hooked the battery back up & proceeded. Once I got back home I unhooked the battery again & continued where I left off. Long story short, afterwards, the car will turn on, but it won't start. I've been trying to start it all day. It's been about 6 hrs. I went to check on it & it didn't start again, but I noticed the reverse lights were on. Also when I turn the hazards on, the lights in the car get dimmer & brighter. Is this a battery problem or something more serious?
Ladre23

Its possible that the battery got drained. Try charging it. Having it loadtested isnt a bad idea either. We need to start with the most probable here, and that is the battery. Will the car start run if jumpstarted? Also, do u have a security light flashing in the dash? These cars start acting wierd when the battery gets drained to about 10volts.

Madmike1735