O2 SENSOR

2004 Cadillac SLS

Computer problem
2004 Cadillac SLS V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 74000 miles

I have a warning light that comes on when hooked up to one of those hand held code readers it says that it's an O2 sensor. Can't remember exactly what it says but it's supposed to be the downstream sensor. I purchased a new one and the light came back on again. I'm told that there can be a number of reasons that it keeps coming back on but I'm trying to find the most likely reason for this. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Snoop2010

Hello -

To better assist you I just want to make sure you model is the Seville SLS. Also what is the engine size in liter?

Next, I show you have 3 O2 sensors. The scanner will tell you which one is bad. You have Bank 1 Sensor 1, Bank 1 Sensor 2 and Bank 2 Sensor 1

Please go to Auto Zone (AZ) or O'Reilly's (OR) and for FREE they can pull the codes to the car. Most important: Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don't get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for FREE also they can bring their tester out and check your battery and alternator.

Thank you very much for the donation

Have a very Merry Christmas and a safe New Year

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS