START DISABLED DUE TO THEFT SYSTEM

Cadillac Seville

I have a 94 Cadillac Seville SLS, V8 Northstar, I can't get my car started, the on board message tells me " starting disabled due to theft system" Other than paying a Cadillac Dealership over $500. Any suggestions? I already tried un hooking the battery & cleaning the keys off.
Thanks for listening!
Steph1969

Is the anti theft a after market product? See if there is a button under the drivers side. It is hard to see and is small. If there is press button before putting key in ignition. While holding thebutton turn the key on. You can also try putting the key in the door and turn the key to unlock the door twice. Don't relock the door. Sometimes this works. Do you have a remote to unlock the doors? Anti theft systems are sometime very sensitive so you might have to do it a couple of times before it re sets. Let me know what happens.

M_H_RITZEL
Ok I've tried your suggestions, Unfortunatly NADA.
ANy other suggestions? I got some info on by passing the VATS, But when I try locating the wire (orange one running down the steering column) we can't seem to find it. Is there a difference in that stuff on a 94 Cadillac Seville SLS?
HELP

Steph1969
Was there a button? Is there a light on the dash that blinks?

M_H_RITZEL
No, There was no button, and yes the " security" light did blink.

Steph1969
I have a 91 eldarodo and when this happened to me I had to by a whole new key whole thingy(sorry my car knowledge is bad) but yuh that ran me 700. The wire got cut inside it and the sensor was bad

EricSattler
Wow, that was a relief, I got a great set of instructions and images of wiring inside the steering column and bougt a $2.00 resistor from radio shack and WAALAAH it started!
If ayone has this problem and wants to try this soultion, I still have the instructions!

Steph1969
Any way you could e amil me that solution to your problem. I am having the same situation with my cadillac and it is driving me crazy. I did try putting the resistor in but nothing happened. Possibly I did not do it properly. Thanks for your time. Crazyant57@optonline. Net

Allalaw
I have the same problem. I have a 1990 Cadillac El Dorado and the dash says to wait 3 min then start. We have tried. It worked a couple of times, now it won't start at all no matter how long we try and wait. Tried to do a reset by the old school method, didn't work. Need to fix this ASAP. My husband is a heart patient and this is the only car we have right now. Its a V8 engine. We will check all of the suggestions I have read so far and let you know if they work or not. Any other suggestions?

Smesta
Okay, tried both suggestionsl. Unlocking doors didn't work. Could not find a reset button or any kind of button under drivers side dash. Could it be somewhere else? There HAS to be some kind of driver/owner overide somewhere! Can anyone help?

Smesta
Yes I need the part number for the resistor and could you e-mail the instr.I" ve been having this problem and every thing that has been written thus far has not helped. I tried wiggling the ignition key switch back and forth and both times now the starter has engaged. Thank you

Vermauso
Page 1 of 2