1988 Cadillac Seville

Engine Cooling problem
1988 Cadillac Seville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 190, 00 miles

I've just recently start haveing a problem with my cooling fan coming on when needed. It will come on when I first start the car an after I let the car idle for about 25minutes an the temp has went up to 195degrees an back down a few times the fan cuts off an then it will come back on but it runs very slow with the temp riseing to around 222 an 224 degrees. I changed the fan relay an I don't know if its a bad sending unit or faulty ECM. Please help.

You might want to test the coolant temperature sensor-I've looked for a temperature sender there's none-the computer reads it and therefore energizes the the fan relay.

Might also want to replace the thermostat-it controls the engine temperature then the coolant temperature sensor sense it and reports the temperature to the computer to activate the relay and to the fan motor