WAS THERE A RECALL DUE TO CRACKING OF

1986 Cadillac Seville

1986 Cadillac Seville V8 Front Wheel Drive 40000 miles

car bought used from a dealership 2 years ago, now needs new engine due to the leaks and mixing of coolant and oil. I was told there was a recall, so is there any way to have the dealer pay for it since they sold the car with known defect?
Olaolga

I don't believe there was a recall of any kind, possibly a service bulletin.

Factoryjack
Thank you for your comment, where can I find more info?

Olaolga
I searched the GM information, the only service bulletin was regarding a revised intake gasket and repair procedure. Nothing on intermixing.

Factoryjack
Did you change your coolant with GM coolant system seal tabs(5 bucks at cadillac dealership) every 2 years or 30,000 miles as your owners manual suggests? There is a sticker under hood and in the owner manual that suggests it. These motors, HT 4100 V8's have aluminum blocks with cast iron heads and will have internal coolant leaks if not maintained as cadillac recommends, but most people don't know this and have problems.

Ht4100