LOW OIL SENSOR

Buick Riviera

My low oil light comes on for 40 seconds when I start my 1996 Riviera. Car has 75k miles with Supercharger.
How do I replace the sensor in the oil pan, the dealer wanted $80 for the sensor and 2 hrs labor.
Oil is full just changed it.
Donnareed

Did this start after you changed the oil? Or had it been doing it for a while?

M_H_RITZEL
It has been doing it for a while. I was thinking that maybe it needed to be reset but I can not find out if the 96 Riv's have that computer feature. It looks like you could use a wrench and twist it out and maybe clean or replace it. I would like to try to look at it before I spend the money on a new sensor. Not sure if an o-ring or gasket is needed or even used. Just do not want a leak if I take it out, trying to be prepared before I try.

Donnareed
Crickets

Donnareed
The Oil Warning light might be your alternator. Not exactly sure for the certain make and model but some alternator warning lights are put out through the cars Oil Warning light on the dash.

Mdpats
Try resetting the computer and see if the light comes on again.

M_H_RITZEL
No luck came back on this morning, I guess I will try to replace the sensor in the oil pan.

Donnareed