DOOR WON'T OPEN FROM OUTSIDE.

Buick Regal

Hi, I have a '93 Buick Regal, when I bought it used the passengers door would not open from the outside. This did not cause many hassles because I can open it from the inside. But now, the drivers door has done the same thing. I can hear it lock and unlock, and it opens fine from the inside, the outside handle just wont open it. I can't for the life of me figure out the problem. I now have to keep the window open 4 inches in 35 degree weather so I can get in. Any help would be apreciated.
JohnWolfe

Power locks?, And does they key open the door?

CHEVYII
I have the same car and the same prob with th drivers door and for awhille I thought it wouldnt open but I just had to pull hard and kinda down and it opened up (i mean really hard) found this out after I tore the whol door apart

Twisted03
It's not power locks, I unlocked it with the key and can hear it unlock, it just won't open.

JohnWolfe
Anyone have any other info? I'm really in a jam here.

JohnWolfe
Greetings. I have a 1996 Regal that had the same problem that got progressively worse until I could no longer open the door from either side. Went to a body shop and got them to order a replacement latch assembly for me. Installed it myself, saved a bundle and works great now.

Good luck

Dragonrider99
I HAVE TO ADMIT DRAGONRIDER HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD, REPLACE THE LATCH ASSEMBLY

JIM

CHEVYII
I have a 1995 and have similar problems, for a year or so. Sometimes autolocks do not work and at the same time inside lights do not come on at all. Once in a while they will work for one day or less and will not work most of the time.

For 8+ months I open the car old fashioned way. With the keys.

Sometimes inside lights will stay on when car is shut. I carry a wrench to remove battery negative terminal under my car seat for quick access.

Recently I have brake light and bell problems. They do not turn off.

Good luck and if u find any solution please let me know. Thanks. Anil9999@walla. Com

Anil111