OIL LEAK?

1989 Buick Reatta

1989 Buick Reatta 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 58000 miles

My Reatta has been leaking a small amount of oil for years. I've had the head gasket replaced and oil and filter are changed a few times per year even though it's rarely driven more than 500 miles per year. None of the mechanics have been able to get it to stop leaking. I'm tired of the spots on the garage floor! Any idea as to what could be causing the leak and where I should have it repaired?

Thanks very much!!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/561069_Reatta1_1.jpg

1989Reatta

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

To start with is is black oil? Or red oil? If red it will be trans or power steering, can you tell what it is?

Mhpautos
The oil is light colored (sort of goldish)--not black like it was dirty. Maybe a tablespoon will come out at any given time. Not enough to make the oil get low.
Other than the leak, there are no mechanical problems that show up on the electronic display, and the car runs very well.

Thanks!

1989Reatta
Sounds like clean engine oil, about the only thing you can do at this stage is to have the engine washed down top & bottom and go for a good drive, any fresh oil leak if seen will be fairly easily traced back to the source, s on the clean engine there should only be the one oil track, try this.

Mhpautos