STARTING AND GAUGE TROUBLE WITH

2001 Buick Lesabre

I am currently having troulbe with a 2001 Buick Lesabre with 105,000 mile. At times when you try to start the car, when you turn the key you get absolutely nothing. The battry checks at 12 volts, and when you leave the key in the on position you get an " unknown driver" message, the dooor locks, trunk button, heated seats, gas gauge, and radio will not work, and the airbag, security, check engine, lights will stay lit up, and the mileage will not register, all you see is " --". After letting it sit for a day or two it may start. While doing some highway driving, it went in and out of this mode 4 or 5 times. The engine ran fine, but the above problems still took place. Any suggestions?
Markher

Start by checking your battery cables and ground connections at the battery and all major connections under the hood.

Could also be an ignition switch or cylender problem

Xowey