LICENSE PLATE BULB

2001 Buick Lesabre

2001 Buick Lesabre

A friend brought his car by (2001 Buick LeSabre). He wanted me to change one of two license plate bulbs.
I couldn't figure out how to get to the bulb to change it. Will I have to remove the entire tail light assembly? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Leftyed

Yes u will need to removed the complete tail light assembly! If u move the trunk interior trim away from the trunk striker from 1 end to the other! There is some [plastic retaining nuts holding it in place ! Once removed it should come right out with a little work

I hope this helps you !

Autotech04
I think I failed to mention that the tail light assembly is in
the trunk lid. Is the striker the latch?
Thanks again.

Leftyed
The same applies to the trunk lid ! There is about 7 or 8 retaining nuts holding it on ! Remove them & it should just pop out !

Autotech04
There are 7, #10 nuts in side on the trunk lid. After you take those out the tail light assembly will pull out. 1/2 turn plastic socket will come out. Just changed mine last week, about a 15 min. Job. Hope this helps. Kenny

Kbgolfnut