SUSPENSION

1989 Buick Electra

I have a 1989 Buick Electra Park Avenue Sedan. It has a 3.8L V-6 motor and 192,500 miles on it. My question is about the suspension. The rear end of the car seams to be sagging low to the ground. I don't know why or how to fix it. The car does have air suspension as well. What do I do?
Ewc53

I recommend converting from the air system to passive coil spring suspension. This will be a permanent solution to the problems you are experiencing due to the air ride system. Strutmasters specializes in conversion kits.

You will likely also need to replace the shocks. The average life span of a shock is about 50,000 miles so with that many miles on your car, your shocks may be bad as well.

Carjunkie55
This car came with air shocks not air bags, replace the coil springs, and new air shocks, make sure the height sensor on the control arm is hooked up and working, if you disconnect linkage on height sensor and move the arm up pump should kick on, Good Luck, Lou

Lout5369