96 PROBLEMS STALLING OUT

1996 Buick Century

I have a problem with my car stalling out as I drive. It cuts out as if I turned it off while I am driving. If I try to restart it right away it will try to start but chugs and dies out. But if I sit for a count to 25 it will start right up and I am on my way again. This will happen numerous times or it can happen once and run good. One day it will run as if it has no problem in the world but in the same breath you never know. Just curious if it could be my fuel pump, when I turn on the ignition I can hear the pump so not sure. It is a V6 3.1 Really would appreciate some input
Kazarnie

It does sound like a fuel pump. I owned a blazer that did the same thing. Never got a engine light and ran fuel pressure test everything checked out fine, and it keep stalling, so I figured with that many miles id try the fuel pump. Never died again. Sold it to my neighbor 2 years ago and still going strong.

Sc1 racing
I am going to change the fuel pump! It will be a learning experience since I have not changed one before. I really appreciate your input. Will let you know how things turn out, also if I run into a problem I might be asking another question or two. Have a Good Day

Kazarnie