86 FUEL FILTER

1986 Buick Century

Where in the world do you find the fuel filter in a 1986 buick century v6 2.8 lt is carb not injected please please help. Any one else have problems with mystirious dyeing prblems. : (
Dess

Im not 100% sure, but it looks like the fuel filter is inside the fuel tank. Sounds like it may be located on the sending unit/pump in the tank.

Mikeybdman
I found one thing that said that it was just below the carb or under the pass seat and I forgot the rest but I cant find that article again it said the injected kind is in the fuel tank

Dess
This is a 2.8 carburated? : Roll: I can't remember an '86 with this combination.

Well, if it has a carb. It should be a varijet. The filter is in the inlet to the carburetor. : Wink:

Xowey
Okay thank you. Its a 86 buick century custom carborated. : )

Dess
I found out it is in the carborater still haveing mysterious dieing problems even after I broght it to the dealer to work on it. And if any one could help I cant find the flasher for the blinkers

Dess