GRINDING WHEN ANTI-LOCKS BRAKE SYSTEM EB

1998 Buick Century

Brakes problem
1998 Buick Century 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

When I put the car in gear, forward or reverse, it makes a clunk noise. When it snowed last I applied the brakes and the anti-lock brake system kicked in and it made a terrible grinding noise.
Is it the wheel bearing assembly?
Not a clue yet because I have not looked yet. Wanted to get ideas before I go there. Better to arm myself with knowledge before looking.
No error codes coming on for ABS system on dash either
Stu padas

The abs will make a lot of noise when it is actuated. Chances are that isn't the problem. As far as the noise you hear, check motor mounts / trans mounts to make sure they are good.

Let me know.

Thanks but this is not making normal ABS noise. Worked on my own brakes for over 20 years and never heard this before. It sounds like a loose tooth getting banged around by other teeth. That's why I asked about hub assembly. Could be the axle spindle at hub assembly end? When I apply brakes on slippery road the ABS kicks in and works/sounds fine on passenger side but on driver side it makes that sound like a gear throwing a piece of metal around(kinda like trying to switch gears and grinding instead.). When, from park, putting it in forward or reverse it makes a clunk sound on the same side, not sure if they are related.

Stu padas
Okay. I would think a wheel bearing would make noises all of the time, but that doesn't mean it isn't bad. The other item I question is the stator. If it is loose or the sensor is loose, the two could be hitting under a hard start. Check those things and let me know. And yes, it could be the bearing.

Thanks for the info.
Will be checking it tomorrow and will let you know what I find out.

Stu padas
I look forward to hearing from you.