BOGGING AND HESITATING

1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette • 58,000 miles

My van is hesitating and bogging under acceleration. Fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs and wires have been replaced. The transmission was recently rebuilt. There is also a slight whistling noise coming from the engine at idle and at high rpm, like when it is about to shift. I'm out of ideas for this thing. It really feels like it's not getting enough fuel. Sometimes it runs just fine, others it doesn't seem to get the fuel necessary to go, or maybe too much fuel to go.
Mattrugdr

Check engine light coming on?
If so, post the code numbers here.

Also post what the fuel pressure is when this happens.

Wrenchtech
No check engine light. Hooked up an OBD2 reader, and through enhanced DTC, I got a knock sensor code. Replaced that and no change.

Mattrugdr
What was the exact code number?
Did it come back?

Wrenchtech
I believe the code number was P0325. Don't quote me on that. Since replacing the knock sensor, the code has gone away.

Mattrugdr
The first thing I would do is monitor the fuel pressure as the problem occurs and see what the pressure is doing.

Wrenchtech